Joy in Heaven
We all anticipate joy when we go to heaven. We look forward on the day that we will be with the Lord and with all the saints, saved one’s including our beloved parents, brothers and sisters, relatives, friends etc. That would be a blessed and wonderful day when God will wipe away all our tears, no more sadness, no more deaths. Today we will be talking about joy in heaven
I. Truths and questions
1. Christians go to heaven when they die
2. But what do they do?
3. Do they know what happenings on earth are when they are there?
4. Here is one thing that brings heaven joy: the salvation of sinners.
B. Joy in the presence of angels
1. Not by the angels . . . but in their presence.
2. Christians who have gone to heaven rejoice over every earthly conversion.
3. The Lord is pleased when people get saved and there is rejoicing!
II. Valid Reason
A. Because of the importance of the soul.
1. “What shall it profit a man if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?” (Mark 8:36)
2. Man’s interest and obsession in this world is to possess material things, fame, and power.
3. But entire earth would not be enough to compensate for the loss of the soul.
4. Too much attention are given to our physical body.
a. Body-building courses.
b. Dressing up, face lifts, nose lifts, plastic surgery, etc.
c. Little attention is given to the soul.
5. The importance of soul-winning.
B. Heaven’s population will increase.
1. Joy that is shared is multiplied.
2. The indescribable blessings there.
3. The fellowship there with saints and with the Lord.
C. Because of the Jesus have done.
1. This is the reason He came to earth.
Luke 19:10, ” For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.”
2. He could have called ten thousand angels but He died alone.
a. His suffering in Gethsemane
b. His trial . . . the scourging . . . the crucifixion.
c. The precious blood of Jesus
1 Peter 1:18-19, ” Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:”
4. The purpose of redemption.
D. The reality of Hell.
1. Each one saved is another plucked from the burning.
2. See Luke 16:19-31: the rich man and Lazarus.
3. It is amazing what people will risk for a little money.
4. It’s a question also what people will do in the area of pleasure for a season.
6. The joy of heaven compared to the awfulness of hell.
a. The not so popular doctrine
b. Note: Mt. 7:21-23
Matthew 7:21-23, ” Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”
Make heaven glad, accept Christ today, reach out to the lost, and warn them of the dreadfulness of hell. Christ died for you, and you ought to do soul winning.
Preached: 20 October 2013