1. Admit you are a sinner – Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
2. You cannot save yourself by your good works – Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
3. Repent and confess your sin – Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
4. Believe and invite Christ into your heart – John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Prayer:
Dear Lord I have sinned and deserve punishment. I believe that Jesus Christ shed his precious blood and died in the cross for my sins. I now receive Him as my Lord and my personal Saviour. Amen.
Results of Being a Christian
1. You will become son of God – John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
2. Your sins will be forgiven – Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
3. You will have Peace – Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
4. You will have Eternal life – John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
5. You will become Citizen of heaven – Philippians 3:20 For our conversation (citizenship) is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
6. You will become Heir of God – Galatians 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
7. New creation – 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.